- On a serious note: I covet your prayers for an extended family member of mine. No details are necessary, just please pray for healing. I hope that at least a few people who read this are prayer warriors and will do this for me.
- I am currently finishing off a bag of candy corn pumpkins. Granted, I know they're not corn-shaped, so I can't technically call them candy CORN pumpkins, but they taste just like that, only better. Bottom line: they're my favorite fall candy, and I'm eating WAY too many of them.
- I had a not-so-great babysitting experience tonight. I just felt underpaid. I'm not usually THAT babysitter who expects a certain thing, but....anyway. I'll get over it. I'll consider it "ministry," like my mom has always said. Do you sometimes feel like everything you do is MINISTRY? Not that that's a bad thing...ok, I just need to stop.
- I decorated my house for fall the other day. I made my own arrangements, and I'm rather proud of them. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my camera back from my brother. He's using it to sell things on eBay. Oooo boy.
- I'm starting to figure out what Kurt and I will do for Christmas cards this year! This is kind of embarrassing, but this is one of the things that has made me feel the most married. Picking out a Christmas card and realizing it will say, "Love, Ashley and Kurt Lancaster." As weird as that is, it's so awesome :)
- I was in Chapel the other day (which is mandatory, I might add), and for once it was actually good. I love odd days like that, when Required Chapel is actually meaningful and makes you think.
- Confession: When I'm sitting in interior design classes, and we're learning about technical codes and the fibers of a certain fabric, I'm usually thinking to myself: "All I want to do is go into people's homes, pick out furniture, fabrics, and accessories for them, and leave it at that." I know I vented in one post about it being a hard major, and it is, but not all of us want to restructure buildings and call people out on violating codes. And, I'll put it out there: I'm called to be a wife and mom, not to work. I dont desire that, and so I'm basically being held in School Hostage by my father until I get a degree.
- The best thing about being married, to me, is falling asleep in the same place. I've just gotten really used to it, and in 50 years, I will still need that in my life :)
- My Bachelor thoughts: I dont want Jenny to get it. She's got a really over the top smile and laugh, and I think she's playing it. I love Bettina, the divorcee, but I think Brad may be a little skeptical of someone who's divorced. I think he should give her a chance. She's beautiful and has kept her mouth shut. Well, most of the time. I strongly dislike DeAnna, and I was GLAD to see McCarten go. I think Sheena, the timid little blonde, is the dark horse. She could take it. More to come on my observations.
Well, that concludes my list for the evening. That was probably the most boring thing people have ever read. But oh well :) It's me.