I've been tagged to do many surveys, so I decided to combine them in one post. Only read this if you're killing time and/or remotely curious about me. This is not a terribly exciting post; you've been warned! :o)
Questions about me and Kurt:
♥ What are your middle names? Mine was DeAnn (now it's Anderson) and his is Thomas.
♥ How long have you been together? We've known each other 3 years, been married for almost 2.
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? We met and started dating 2 weeks after :o)
♥ Who asked who out? He asked me out.
♥ How old are each of you? I'm 23, he's 28.
♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most? About the same, but probably mine because they're younger.
♥ Do you have any children together? Miss Evy Kate! :o)
♥ What about pets? We did have Doris :o(
♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Kurt's tough work schedule and figuring out when to see families on holidays, etc.
♥ Did you go to the same school? No
♥ Are you from the same home town? No
♥ Who is smarter? We're smart in very different ways.
♥ Who is more sensitive? Me!
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? Little Tokyo and Margarita's
♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Mexico
♥ Who has the craziest exes? None of us had CRAZY ones...I don't think...
♥ Who has the worse temper? Kurt
♥ Who does the cooking? Usually me, but Kurt has some wonderful specialities
♥ Who is more social? We're both recluses...haha!
♥ Who is the neat-freak? We're both balanced in that area.
♥ Who is more stubborn? Kurt
♥ Who hogs the bed? Neither of us. We're really good about that.
♥ Who wakes up earlier? Kurt has to for work, but I'm up with the baby, so it all evens out.
♥ Where was your first date? Dinner at Alexander's, the grounds of Chapel of the Cross (a historical church) and the reservoir. It was great :o)
♥ Who has the bigger family? I do.
♥ Do you get flowers often? I get them enough, I would say.
♥ How do you spend the holidays? We see both sides of the family.
♥ Who is more jealous? ME
♥ How long did it take to get serious? We were engaged 5 months after our first date.
♥ Who eats more? Kurt
♥ Who does/ did the laundry? Me
♥ Who’s better with the computer? Actually, I am (I think).
Questions about my senior year of high school:
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No
3. Did you car pool to school? No
4. What kind of car did you have? A '94 Toyota Camry
5. What kind of car do you have now? 2003 Toyota Highlander
6. It's Friday night...what were you doing? Dancing at a football game
7. It is Friday night now where are you? Home with Kurt and Evy (thank the Lord!)
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked a few retail jobs
9. What kind of job do you do now? Very proud stay-at-home wife and mom!
10. Were you a party animal? I was the OPPOSITE of that!
11. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so...
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in Select Women's Choir and Encore Show Choir....senior year was the BEST with trips, etc.
13. Were you a nerd? Not in the academic sense. I didn't party, so I was probably considered somewhat of a nerd, maybe.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Never
15. Can you sing the fight song? Yes!
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mrs. King, Mr. Sumrall, Mrs. Curry, and Mrs. Downey---I had awesome teachers in high school.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? Cafeteria if it was cold, outside if it was warm (one of our ONLY senior privileges...)
18. What was your school's full name? Jackson Academy
19. When did you graduate? 2004
20.What was you school mascot? Raiders
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes - I would do a few things differently
22. Did you have fun at Prom? I suppose...I didn't particularly like dances
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Rarely
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I wouldn't miss it haha!
25. Do you still talk to people from school? A few!
Questions about Mommyhood!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
We knew we would welcome a child whenever God gave one to us.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
It was an out-of-body experience. I dreamed of finding out I was pregnant my whole life, and then when it happened.....it was thrilling!
4. [I didn't like this question]
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was just about to turn 23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I took a pregnancy test---4 times! Haha!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Kurt, even though he was a zombie because of the previous night of work!
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX
We weren't sure at first, but then we really wanted to know!
9. DUE DATE?
February 13, 2009
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes...but mostly just really neaseuous and queasy
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Gatorade, Honeycomb cereal...it was just random things
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Not being able to sleep comfortably and hug Kurt easily
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
A precious little girl!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Not at all!!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
I think it was 40-something
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about them
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No, by the grace of God!
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
I had wanted Kurt and both of my parents, but ended up having a C-section, so just Kurt was there.
23. Was it natural or c-section?
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
You bet I did. But the drug "Staydol" is now my worst nightmare! Epidurals are awesome.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lbs 2 oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
February 9, 4:12 pm
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Evy Kate Lancaster
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
She is 3 months. I seriously can't believe it!
ABC's of Me:
A - Age: 23, almost 24 (weird)
B - Bed size: Queen
C - Chore you hate: Dusting and I don't care for bathrooms very much.
D - Dog's name: We used to have Doris Day. She ran away :o(
E - Essential start your day item: Usually dry Honeycomb cereal and a red Gatorade.
F - Favorite color: Gray. It's quite versatile.
G - Gold or Silver: Both. I really like both.
H - Height: 5'4"
I - Instruments you play(ed): Piano and flute.
J - Job title: I'm an incredibly happy wife, mom, and keeper of our home :o)
K - Kid(s): My beautiful Evy Kate....I adore her!
L - Living arrangements: A lovely starter home. It really has grown on me!
M - Mom's name: Karen---hi, Mom!
N - Nicknames: Ash, Ashley-Dashley (only my Dad calls me that)
O - Overnight hospital stay: When I delivered Evy.
P - Pet Peeve: When people are condescending, negative blog comments (there is RARELY a need for them), how people preach tolerance but aren't "tolerant" of conservative ideas/convictions, the sound of someone scratching their skin. I have a lot of pet peeves.
Q - Quote from a movie: "You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I wish to never be parted from you from this day on." ----Pride and Prejudice.
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: Alyssa, Will, and Andrea, my best friends.
T - Time you wake up: Whenever Evy is hungry. Thankfully she isn't a morning person right now, just like her mother!
U- Underwear: I would never NOT wear underwear. Ever.
V - Vegetable you dislike: Anything with a weird consistency or bland taste.
W - Ways you run late: I hardly ever do. I HATE to be late. If I am, there's a good reason.
X - X-rays you've had: Hand, teeth, my chest when I have had bronchitis....
Y - Yummy food you make: I make a good ice cream cake and a few dinner dishes that I think are pretty good :o)
Z - Zoo favorite: I only enjoy the zoo if the weather is perfect. I have a love/hate relationship with the monkeys. I think elephants are cute. I really do like all of the animals....the weather just has to be a perfect spring day or I don't enjoy myself.
Now you probably know a LOT more about me than you ever wanted to know! :o)