This has been one of those days.
-Evy and I both slept late because she decided to wake up at 3:00 am. Just for fun.
-Woke up after totally forgetting that the plumber was supposed to come this morning between 10 and 12. Jumped in the shower and called Kurt to check in about it. This call was made at 11:45.
-At 12 noon, Kurt calls back and says that Mr. Plumber is on the way.
-Said Plumber arrives at 12:30, and I am due to have lunch with Carrie and SD. Grrr.
-I'll go ahead and give you the happy ending of the Plumber story: one big, huge, hefty bill. Because we had a stupid leak in a pipe in our front yard that was getting our neighbor's lawn wet. I'm so glad we will be able to bless Mr. Plumber with some money right at Christmastime. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
-While at lunch, a random, weird, totally nosy lady has the most bizarre interaction with us ever. Some quotes:
- (To me): "Does your baby know sign language? Because my grandbaby does. She can sign whatever she wants."
- (Also to me): "My grandbaby is your daughter's age and is already potty trained. My stepdaughter learned her cues and just puts her on the potty and she goes." (Sidenote: I do believe it's the mother being potty trained in that situation. What good does it do if the child can't even WALK, let alone get on a toilet and maneauver the thing?)
- (To Carrie): "You must be the health nut. Were those peas your little girl was eating? Was that her snack or her lunch?"
- (To SD): "And your little one is still in her carrier, so she isn't big enough to do anything yet except cry and smile, etc. etc."
- (To all of us): "So are all of these girls going to be in school together?" [Pause] "Or are you going to homeschool?"
-Went to mail a canvas and then to Michael's to buy 10 canvases. Count 'em.
-Came home and basically painted all afternoon and evening. For hours.
-Kurt was a huge help with Evy, as he always is. But when we tried to put her down as usual at 9, she just kept rolling onto her stomach and couldn't get settled. We tried everything. Motrin, rocking, singing, walking, video for a few minutes, rubbing the gums, feeling for fever.....
-Finally, I rocked her to sleep at 11:00 pm.
-And now I'm typing this.
So......yeah. It was one of those days.