I was tagged by Kelly to give 11 random things about myself and answer some questions. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a good prompt, so here we go. :)
11 Random Things About Myself
1. I truly used to think there was a high probability I would marry someone from another country, or maybe a different ethnic background. No idea why - maybe it's because I adore traveling so much? Kurt and I joke about this all the time and we say that since I married the All-American guy, he'll just need to take me more places. Ha!
2. I've come to accept that I'll never truly LOVE the act of cooking, nor will I ever make anything gourmet. I'm totally and completely okay with this. It's just not me, and that's okay.
3. I value alone time more than people probably think. I spend the hours of 9pm - 1:30/2:00am completely alone and it's very refreshing for me.
4. Which brings me to the topic of my bedtime. My friends think this is completely and totally bizarre, but I'm just a night owl. I stay up until 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning, and we (me and the kids) sleep until 9:00am or so. This schedule works for us, and that's all that matters.
5. Kurt and I are constantly evaluating where we should serve in ministry at church. We are involved in a lot of things, but we're always in some sort of conversation about what should be our primary focus.
6. I'll go ahead and sneak this in, because I didn't want to dedicate a whole post to it. I was scheduled to have lunch with the Duggar family on December 2nd in Arkansas (I was going to make a trip to see my grandparents). Long story short, we decided to reschedule because of Liam just returning home, and we were going to aim for February. Then Michelle's miscarriage happened, so I'm just lying low and we don't have anything rescheduled at this point. But Jim Bob gave me Michelle's number, and I've texted with her. :) We were connected through my grandfather, and I'm just privileged to say that I've texted with Michelle Duggar!! I'm not sure if/when a get-together will happen, but that's a pretty good unknown fact about me that I've been saving for a rainy day. :)
7. The latest things I've bought on iTunes: Carpenters Anthology, Audrey Assad's album, Neil Sedaka Greatest Hits, and the Carpenters' Now and Then album.
8. I listened to an audiobook for the first time (as an adult) on my way home from visiting Mississippi recently. I listened to Tina Fey's Bossypants and was incredibly, incredibly surprised at how compelling it was. There were moments when I absolutely died laughing out loud, and then there were moments when I thought, "that's a really deep, amazing statement she just made." There are a few choice words used, but overall it was a wonderful first experience for an audiobook.
9. House Hunters is my background noise of choice.
10. I somewhat often go to our antique stores in town and buy a few vinyl records each time. I adore them. I have a weird fear that my children won't know these artists unless I show them the original albums and they're so cheap to buy. My favorite thing is to bring them home and play them on our record player. The crackling sound is delicious.
11. Have you seen all of those videos circulating called "Stuff _____ Say?" (Except 'stuff' is really a choice word.) Like Stuff Sorority Girls Say, etc.? When I visited Mississippi (post coming soon), Carrie and SD and I came up with "Stuff Bloggers Say." We didn't make a video, but I think the list is pretty dad gum funny. I'm afraid if I post it then no one will think it's funny and I'll feel so embarrassed. But just trust me - it's a great list.
11 Questions to Answer:
1. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
I have entirely too many. It usually involves the word "reality." However, there are some great scripted shows I love.
2. Name one song that you like to jam out to that is totally embarrassing.
Anything by SClub 7! However, I don't consider this embarrassing. I've always been this way - my music tastes are very odd for my age bracket and always have been.
3. Where do you want to send your kids to school? Public/private/homeschool?
We plan on homeschooling our kids. Along with the spiritual reasons, it really fits the lifestyle we want for our family perfectly.
4. One food you will never grow tired of?
Little Toyko Japanese Steakhouse in Ridgeland, Mississippi. I honestly think it would be my last meal if I could choose.
5. What is your favorite Pinterest search?
I don't know about what search, but I have really loved Pinterest lately! Child birthday parties, recipes, dream home ideas, DIY projects. . .I really love it ALL. How is that website so addicting??
6. Did you order Girl Scout cookies? If so what kind?
Yes! However, I haven't been approached this year so I might need to seek out a little Scout. Love Thin Mints the most.
7. What color do you decorate with most?
Hahaha, well I'm not naturally drawn to a lot of color so the word "neutrals" comes to mind. However, I love accenting with a robin's egg blue.
8. Which store is a total guilty pleasure?
I adore Riffraff in Fayetteville, Arkansas!
9. What are your favorite baby names?
Since we aren't done having kids, I'll keep them a secret for now. :)
10. What is your dream home vision?
Well you can just look at my Pinterest board dedicated to this topic - ha! We want to eventually build on a little bit of land, and the style will be English. We love a combination of a cottage and country house feel. I also have a lot of movie houses I love, and I'm planning on doing a post highlighting them!
11. Is your current job your dream job?
YES. I've dreamed my whole life of being a wife and mom, and it's been everything I dreamed of and more. The best moments are the little moments, when it dawns on me that I used to imagine being an adult when I was very young, and here I am, an adult. I used to wonder what my husband and children would look like, and I know now. It's wonderful. :) Aside from this, if I had to choose another profession, it would be some type of theater performance, hands-down. Not hard to figure out!
Feel free to participate if you feel so led!